Chester Bowl ski and snowboard lessons are free to those who have a Chester Bowl season pass or purchase a day pass. Although partner ski area passholders at locations like Spirit Mountain and Mont Du Lac can ski and snowboard here at no cost, they would need to buy a pass to participate in lessons.
Holiday Ski & Snowboard Lessons- We offer several free ski & snowboard group lessons December 26-December 30. Prior registration is required and we will have a registration form available here within two weeks of these lesson. Level 1 and 2 lessons are the only lessons provided during the holiday break.
Weekend Lessons- We will also offer small group lessons starting on Saturdays and Sundays in January (January 6 & 7; 13 & 14; 20 & 21; and 27 & 28). We will be providing Saturday lessons on February 3.
Lessons are based on ability levels as follows:
- Level 1- Kids lessons for those who are brand new to skiing or snowboarding (using the bunny hill, not the chairlift). Parents or older siblings of Level 1 skiers and snowboarders (brand new to the sport) are especially encouraged to take part in the lesson. Parents will be helping to push their skier up the hill, getting their skier into the perfect skier stance, or catching their skier at the bottom of the hill.
- Level 2- Kids lessons for those who have passed the bunny hill and are able to ride the chairlift.
- Level 3- Kids and/or Adults or are working on advanced skiing and snowboarding or freestyle skills.
Lesson Registration & Sign-Ups
In order to get access to lesson signups, you have to first pre-register all participants. This registration is a Google form where we collect the lesson participant’s name, age, health info, and emergency contact info and require that a waiver be approved.
You can pre-register here: [look for link in December, 2023]
Lesson signup sheets will then be emailed to those who have registered for lessons one week in advance of lessons. We will only have sign ups available one week in advance to make sure everyone has the opportunity to get into lessons during the course of the season and because your participant may change levels as the season progresses.
More Information About Lessons
- Lessons are 45 minutes long. If you are late, you are missing out on your lesson. If you are more than 5 minutes late, you may lose your spot as groups will have moved onto the hill.
- If you have multiple skiers or snowboarders, please sign up for multiple spots especially if they are at different ability levels. For example, a 4-year-old and a 7-year-old will learn at different paces and should be signed up for different instructors.
- Please sign up for only 1-3 lessons at a time. As you learn to ski or snowboard you may move up a level or may no longer need lessons which will open them up for other families. Please help us make sure that as many families as possible have access to lessons.
- If you accidentally sign up for the wrong type of lesson (skier vs snowboard) or on a date that you are not able to commit to, or need to cancel for any reason, contact email@example.com.
- The bunny hill will be closed to non-lesson participants on days that we have lessons. We will open it on days that lessons are not scheduled for families to practice.
The Day Of Your Lesson
- Please arrive for your lesson ready to ski or snowboard. To check-in for your lesson, you will report to the lesson check-in station located bottom of the hill with everyone who is participating in the lesson. Lesson participants will be checked in and assigned instructors. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to allow time for this check-in procedure.
- If your child is participating in a Level 1 lesson, please stick around to assist your new skier or snowboarder climb the hill or to stop them at the bottom of the bunny hill.
- Towards the end of the 45 minute lesson, please make your way to the bottom of the hill to retrieve your child as the lesson is over.