Chester Bowl ski and snowboard lessons are free to those who have a Chester Bowl season pass or purchase a day pass. Although partner ski area passholders at locations like Spirit Mountain and Mont Du Lac can ski and snowboard here at no cost, they would need to buy a pass to participate in lessons.
Lesson Registration- To signup for lessons please follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d4daaae2ca4fa7-2021202210
Holiday Ski & Snowboard Camp- We offer several free ski & snowboard group lessons December 26-December 30. Prior registration is required and we will have a signup available here within two weeks of the camp. Level 1 and 2 lessons are the only lessons provided during the Holiday Ski & Snowboard Camp.
Weekend Lessons- We will also offer small group lessons starting on Saturdays and Sundays starting January 8- January 30. After January 30, we will be providing lessons only on Saturdays February 5- February 19. Prior registration is required to attend weekend lessons and we will post signups here.
Lessons are based on ability levels as follows:
- Level 1- Kids lessons for those who are brand new to skiing or snowboarding (using the bunny hill, not the chairlift). Parents or older siblings of Level 1 skiers and snowboarders (brand new to the sport) are especially encouraged to take part in the lesson. Parents will be helping to push their skier up the hill, getting their skier into the perfect skier stance, or catching their skier at the bottom of the hill.
- Level 2- Kids lessons for those who have passed the bunny hill and are able to ride the chairlift.
- Level 3- Kids and/or Adults or are working on advanced skiing and snowboarding or freestyle skills.
More Information About Lessons
- All lesson participants will be screened for exposure to COVID-19 or signs & symptoms of COVID-19. Do not show up to a lesson if you are not well, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or are recovering from symptoms of COVID-19. If our staff get sick, lessons will be halted.
- All lesson participants are required to wear a mask or face covering during the entire lesson. This applies to all lesson participants including young children. If they can ski or snowboard, they can wear a mask. If this is an issue please do not sign up for lessons.
- Lessons are 45 minutes long. If you are late, you are missing out on your lesson. If you are more than 10 minutes late, your instructor may be assigned to a different student and you may lose your spot.
- If you have multiple skiers or snowboarders, please sign up for multiple spots especially if they are at different ability levels. For example, a 4-year-old and a 7-year-old will learn at different paces and should be signed up for different instructors.
- Please sign up for only 1-3 lessons at a time. As you learn to ski or snowboard you may move up a level or may no longer need lessons which will open them up for other families. Please help us make sure that as many families as possible have access to lessons.
- If you accidentally sign up for the wrong type of lesson (skier vs snowboard) or on a date that you are not able to commit to, or need to cancel for any reason, contact email@example.com.
- The bunny hill will be closed to non-lesson participants on days that we have lessons. We will open it on days that lessons are not scheduled for families to practice.
The Day Of Your Lesson
- Please arrive with your ski boots on or put them on in your car. The chalet will be closed to the public and only outdoor space is available. To check-in for your lesson, you will report to the lesson check-in station located bottom of the hill with everyone who is participating in the lesson. Lesson participants will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, checked in, and then assigned instructors. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to allow time for this check-in procedure.
- If your child is participating in a Level 1 lesson, please stick around to assist your new skier or snowboarder climb the hill or to stop them at the bottom of the bunny hill.
- Towards the end of the 45 minute lesson, please make your way to the bottom of the hill to retrieve your child as the lesson is over.