**** UPDATE 8/09/21 The information below is from the Winter 2020/2021 season. We will update this page to reflect Winter 2021/2022 Chairlift and COVID protocols once our plans are finalized.****
The Chester Bowl chairlift is a double chair Hall lift which was built in 1974 and installed at Chester Bowl in 1987. The chairlift can accommodate two passengers per chair and can move 960 people up the hill per hour. Because our lift does not slow down during loading, it is important that everyone follows the instructions provided by our lift operators and the guidelines posted below and on all signage posted near the chairlift.
How to Ride the Chester Bowl Chairlift:
1. Find a partner and get into lift line with your ski or snowboard equipment already on
2. Remove backpacks, check for loose clothing or equipment and secure it if necessary
3. Observe all signs and instructions provided by the lift operators
4. When it is your turn to load the lift, move to the loading area. If you are riding with a small child or new skier or snowboarder have them load closest to the lift operator. Be sure to tell the lift operator that the person you are riding with will need extra help
5. The chair will approach you from behind so look behind your outer shoulder to see it coming
6. As the chair approaches reach for the back rest, grasp the back rest, and pull yourself onto the seat of the chair
7. Keep your ski or snowboard tips pointed forward and up
8. Lower your restraining bar regardless of your age or ability
9. Remain fully seated with your back against the backrest
10. Wait until you have reached the unloading area to raise the restraining bar (when you pass the reminder sign near the top of the hill) and prepare to unload
11. Check for loose clothing or equipment
12. Unload and immediately move away from the unloading zone
Riders on the chairlift must ride alone on or with members of their own household. They may not ride with friends outside of their household, even if they are “podding” together. Please make sure that your young riders are aware of this rule, to help keep Chester open and safe!
While waiting in the lift line, everyone must maintain 6 ft of social distancing, are required to have their face and nose covered with a mask or face covering, and must wear gloves or mittens. There will be a different style lift line this year with markings to cue people to maintain social distancing. Again, we require that you follow social distancing guidelines while waiting in the lift line and consistent failure to do so may limit your participation.