Thank you for being
patient as we worked to create a plan to collect the season equipment rentals!
Our priority has been to make sure that staff, volunteers, and participants all
are able to be safe while we collect the 1200 sets of skis and over 100
snowboards that families were borrowing for the winter. We now have a plan that
we are confident in and fits within the guidelines of the State of Minnesota
and City of Duluth. We are using the model of curbside pickup, but for drop-off.
There is a lot of information here, but please read through it carefully to
make sure expectations are clear and we can minimize any chance of virus
transmission during this process.
We are also using this
time to confirm volunteer hours completed and your choice for handling the
IF YOU HAD A SEASON PASS
BUT NO RENTALS:
If our records show that
you completed your volunteer hours, you can expect an email from Dave (email@example.com) in the next two weeks asking what your preference is
for your refund. Please reply to that email with your choice. You should not
come to Chester Bowl on a return night. If you do not receive an email by early
June and did complete your volunteer hours, email Dave. Families that did not
complete their volunteer hours will not be emailed. Your options are:
- Receive a full refund. For those with season passes only, this would be $75. A check will be mailed to you.
- Donate your deposit back to Chester Bowl. Your generosity will allow us to re-invest in our program, including purchasing new equipment for next year and continuing our commitment to award scholarships to any families that need them to participate. A donation receipt will be mailed to you.
- Choose a combination of refund and donation- many families choose to split the amount evenly. A check and a donation receipt will be mailed to you.
IF YOU HAD EQUIPMENT
To make equipment returns
work with this many people and to reduce the potential for large groups of
people, each family MUST sign up for a specific time to bring their gear back,
scheduled at two minute intervals. If you arrive but are not scheduled, you
will be turned away. Also, unlike in other years, everything will be outside
(even in inclement weather).
Please go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d4daaae2ca4fa7-20204 to sign up for your timeslot. Options are available
during afternoon hours on 5/27 and evening hours on 5/26, 6/2, 6/3, and 6/4. Please
make every effort to make one of these time slots work for your family.
This year we will be
putting in place extra precautions to protect you, our staff, and our
volunteers. This means that our procedures are slightly different, and we need
your help to make everything go smoothly. Please review the info below before
1. Participants will be
required to schedule a time frame to return gear. No unscheduled returns are
2. Participants will
arrive at Chester around their scheduled time. We know it is nearly impossible
to hit a two minute window perfectly, but please try to be as close to your
scheduled time as possible.
3. Participants will
REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLE and will line up in a queue. If we do have a line,
please be patient while waiting for your family’s turn.
4. Participants will be
allowed to drive into the drop off area one-by-one as directed by a volunteer stationed
at the start of that line.
5. Participants will PUT
ON A MASK, get out of their
car, take equipment out of car, and lean it against the ski garage for our
volunteers to take care of. Please, wear a mask. As we will be interacting
with over 400 families, we really appreciate your consideration in this area.
Even wearing a buff significantly decreases the risk of virus transmission for
everyone. Our staff and volunteers will also all be wearing masks.
6. After dropping off gear, participants will check in with staff and volunteers under a 10×20′ tent. During this time you will verify your volunteer hours, verify that you dropped off all your equipment, and talk about volunteer deposit options with staff. If you completed your volunteer requirement (12 hours for families of 2 or more with rentals, 6 hours for an individual season pass with one rental) you will be eligible to receive your volunteer deposit back; we have three options for you to consider. To speed things up, please know which option you would like to select in advance:
- Receive a full refund. For most families with rentals, this would be $100. For an individual season pass with one rental, it would be $75. A check will be given to you at that time or mailed to you (depending on if we are backed up).
- Donate your deposit back to Chester Bowl. Your generosity will allow us to re-invest in our program, including purchasing new equipment for next year and continuing our commitment to award scholarships to any families that need them to participate. You will receive a donation receipt.
- Choose a combination of refund and donation- many families choose to split the amount evenly. You will receive a check and a donation receipt.
7. Participants will then
leave and start dreaming about next winter!
Here are some things to do in advance of returns:
1. If you are experiencing
symptoms related to COVID-19 or if you have had confirmed exposure, please
don’t come to your return night. You can reach out to us to re-schedule when
you are able.
2. Buckle boots ahead of
3. Put a rubber band on
the tail of each set of skis.
4. Put a rubber band on
each set of ski poles.
5. Double check to make
sure you have everything!
These steps are very
important this year as we would like to reduce the risk and the amount of time
each staff member and volunteer spends working with your equipment.
We do also need a limited
number of volunteers to assist with these events. This is a great way to
complete your hours for the year if you haven’t already. You can sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d4daaae2ca4fa7-20203. Adults only, please.
If you have any questions
please reach out to Sam, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you everyone, for