General Hours of Operation
- Mondays: 4:30-8:30
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays: CLOSED
- Thursdays & Fridays : 4:30-8:30
- Saturdays & Sundays: 11:00-4:30
- Christmas Eve & Day- CLOSED
- Holiday Break, Dec 23, Dec 26-30, Jan 2, open 11-4:30
- MLK Day, Jan 16, 11-4:30
- Semester Break, Jan 23, 11-4:30
- Winter Break, Feb 20-24, 11-4:30
In order to ride the chairlift, take part in lessons, Freestyle Fridays, or our Alpine Race Program you will need a valid season or day pass. The info below describes the different options you have to get a pass to play at Chester. Please note that we do not offer daily ski or snowboard rentals. For more info about season rentals for skis or snowboards please follow this link: https://www.chesterbowl.org/ski-and-snowboard-season-rental-program/ We do offer daily snowskate rentals. For more info about our snowskate rental program follow this link: https://www.chesterbowl.org/daily-snowskate-rentals/
Do you have your own equipment and would like to use the Chester Bowl chairlift for the day? Then you should purchase a day pass.
We have four categories of day passes for you to choose from:
- Child Day Pass- $10 for kids 18 years old and younger. Tickets are purchased in person at the Chester Bowl ticket window. A waiver must be completed at the time of purchase. Cash or check only.
- Adult Day Pass- $15 for adults 19 years old and older.Tickets are purchased in person at the Chester Bowl ticket window. A waiver must be completed at the time of purchase. Cash or check only.
- Minnesota 4th Grade Pass- Do you have a 4th grader participating in the Minnesota 4th grade pass program? If yes, they get free lift tickets. To redeem you must present your 4th grade pass at the ticket window, complete a waiver, and get your free lift ticket each time you come to ski or snowboard.
- Partner Organization Pass- If you have a valid season pass at Spirit Mountain, Mont du Lac, Giants Ridge, Lutsen, Mount Ashwabay, or Mount Ski Gull you get unlimited lift tickets to play at Chester Bowl. To take advantage of this opportunity, present your valid season pass at the Chester Bowl ticket window, complete a waiver, and get a free lift ticket each time you come to Chester.
Do you have your own ski or snowboard equipment and would like to have unlimited access to play at Chester? You should consider purchasing a season pass!
Season passes are on sale during equipment rental nights or once the hill is open for the season. Due to the time demands of preparing to open the hill for the season, we are unable to sell season passes between the end of fittings (Nov 22nd) and opening day (tentatively Dec 10th). We do not cap the number of passes that we sell each season so there is no risk of season passes selling out.
We have three categories of season passes:
- Individual Season Pass- $80 (plus $100 volunteer deposit & tax)
- Family of 2 Season Pass- $160 (plus $100 volunteer deposit & tax)
- Family 3+ Season Pass- $200 (plus $100 volunteer deposit & tax)
Full pricing info is at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ti7EAftMaR0Ntihu-N_msbIBWY7ft4JL/view
To purchase you will need to complete a registration packet, bring in a 1.5”x1.5” photo (about the size of a photo on a driver’s license) of each person who is getting a season pass, and either cash or check as we do not accept credit cards.
Paper copies of the registration packet are available at the Chalet, or you can print them out here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ZJ_2dqc_tGwF9SzJObQF54XWySXRBgq/view
All individuals getting passes must sign the form, so if you are not bringing everyone in when you are getting passes, be sure to have printed out and completed the paperwork in advance!
Partner Area Discounts
We have several partner organizations that provide Chester Bowl pass holders with discounts at their resorts. Check out our Partner Area Discounts Page for more details!